Job at Ministry of ICT : ICT OFFICER (Deadline: 30 December 2017)
1. Ensuring ICT equipment are in good condition
• Make inventory of ICT equipment;
• Prepare Maintenance plan of ICT equipment;
• Conduct maintenance (curative and preventive) of ICT equipment;
• Guarantee purchase and related equipment meets the appropriate specifications and required standards;
2. Ensuring the reliability and scalability of the network
• Troubleshoot problems with network and security infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy servers and make corrective actions when necessary;
• Deploy, monitor and troubleshoot local area networks using a variety of network equipment, software and protocols;
• Monitor network traffic to identify problems and make capacity planning recommendations with the help of the NMS (Network Management System) and monitoring tools.
3. Managing Website and database
• Regular updating the website;
• Website backup and upgrade;
• Website security.
4. Proving ICT Training and support services to staff
• Assess user capacity and suggest training and area in need of improvement;
• Create material and presentations for trainings and reports;
• Conduct training of employees on both computer software and ICT systems;
• Offer ICT support services to staff on both hardware and software.
5. Ensuring Data management and security
• Create data recovery/backup system;
• Effective functioning of internal messaging function and internal access;
• Install, update and upgrade regularly computer softwares (e.g: Antivirus, OS,etc ).
A0 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering or A1 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with a Certifications in A+, N+ is required; Certifications in CCNA, MCSE, MCSD, MCTs (.NET),LAMP/WAMP Framework or MCITP are an added advantage
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Rwanda’s ICT policies and strategies;
– Highly proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products
– Proficient in basic networking protocols and standards
– Knowledge of AD, Exchange, VPN, routers, and wireless internet access;
– Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Communication skills
– Negotiation Skills;
– solving skills;
– Analytical skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.