Job at Ministry of ICT : LEGAL ADVISOR (Deadline: 30 December 2017)
1. Prepare legal and statutory texts of the Ministry ; 2. Preparing draft of decrees and regulations and follow up the process of adoption by competent organs; 3. Provide legal opinions on the dossiers submitted to the Ministry ; 4. Examine legal aspects of requests from the public ; 5. Conduct the follow up of legal texts submitted to cabinet or to the parliament; 6. Receive and examine contentious dossiers of interest to the Ministry and provide opinions to decision makers ; 7. Elaborate preparatory instructions of contentious issues and evaluate the use of legal and regulatory aspects of interest to the Ministry ;
8. Collect and conserve jurisprudence decisions in matters of appeal concerning the Ministry;
9. Follow up of contracts signed between the Ministry and partners; 10. Proposing strategies for the implementation of laws, decrees and regulations ; 11. Drafting memoranda of understanding with the Ministry’s partners and monitoring their implementation ; 12. Drafting, review and advising on contracts between the Ministry and suppliers and partners; 13. Drafting employment contracts to be proposed to the Ministry authorities; 14. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports and whenever required; 15. Performing any other duties as may be ascribed to him/her by Ministry’s authorities.
A0 in law with 3 years of working experience; Or Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Law with 1 year working experience.
Knowledge and technical skills required:
– Knowledge of Substantive Law and Legal Procedures;
– Report writing and presentation skills;
– Analytical and problem solving;
– Team working skills;
– Computer skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and French; knowledge of all is an advantage