Job at Ministry of ICT: Senior Technologist, Infrastructure Development (Deadline: 30 December 2017)
1. Coordinate the implementation of national ICT programs as well as institutions as institutions and agencies under the ministry’s supervision.
• Serve as key account manager for national infrastructure development and implementation support (connectivity to Government, National infrastructure investments);
• Support the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of sector and sub
– sector policies, strategies and programs related to ICT infrastructure development;
• Ensure Broadband Penetration in the country;
• Act as account manager for Telecom/ISPs Infra Developments (Voice, Data).
2. Facilitate the development of ICT infrastructure related projects in the areas under areas of infrastructure
• Promote the integration, adoption and use of ICT in all areas of the Rwanda society and economy;
• Develop the legal and regulatory framework in the areas under responsibility (Standards, instructions, regulations guidelines, orders);
• Develop and coordinate industry partnerships in the areas under ICT infrastructure.
3. Ensure stakeholders coordination
• Oversee Post Office sector development;
• Identify government’s ICT infrastructure requirements;
• Produce reports on ICT infrastructure status in the country.
A0 in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology,Information Management System, Electronics, Software Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, with 3 years of working experience, Knowledge in A+, N+ and CCNA is an advantage; Or Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Information Management System, Electronics, Software Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, with 1 year of working experience, Knowledge in A+, N+ and CCNA is an advantage;
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Research and development ICT policies and strategies;
– Highly proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products
– Proficient in basic networking protocols and standards
– Knowledge of AD, Exchange, VPN, routers, and wireless internet access;
– Planning and Coordination skills;
– Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Communication skills
– Negotiation Skills;
– solving skills;
– Analytical skills a
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.