Job at MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE: Senior Engineer, Power Transmission & Distribution (Deadline: 24 November 2017 )
•Support the formulation of policies in the area of transmission and distribution of energy
•Provide inputs into medium and long term development plans for energy transmission and distribution infrastructure development in Rwanda.
•Monitor the implementation of projects led by agencies or other private sector entities to ensure compliance with terms and conditions to minimise any penalties for Rwanda
•Monitor the level of technical losses in the electricity transmission and distribution grid
•Develop a framework for early detection and resolution of impediments to timely delivery of these projects and continued performance.
•Ensure effective coordination of all sector players and stakeholders with direct and indirect material interdependencies with T&D Projects development, operations and maintenance;
•Ensure an effective reporting mechanism that informs all sector stakeholders with relevant information with respect to progress of sector and national plans.
•Monitor the implementation of resolutions from periodic sector meetings (national /regional) to ensure effective execution and maximize benefits for Rwanda.
A0 in Electricity Engineering, Energy Management, Electromechanical Engineering with 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in Electricity Engineering, Energy Management, Electromechanical Engineering
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Analytical skills and subject matter
– Capacity to work in a multicultural environmental
– Ability to work independently and make mature and proactive decisions informing management
– Knowledge and experience in operations of power plants, oil and refineries and funding for the energy projects.
– Knolwledge to read interprete technical energy reports such as from geothermal drilling, hydrological data and technical feasibility reports
– Strong interpersonal and negotiating ability.