Job at MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE : Transport Economist ( Deadline :04 September 2018 )
•Provide policy and strategic guidance considering macro and micro
– economic implications of transport investment decisions.
•Lead in exercises to undertake socio
– economic and environmental assessments of investment options into different areas using economic and statistical modeling tools in support of these analyses.
– money exercises to ensure government gets positive returns on investment on its projects before investment decisions are undertaken
•Lead in undertaking due diligence on prospective investment proposals especially emphasizing on value for money on the side of government
•Participate in project development and management, working closely with the R&D unit.
•Participate in the development the Ministry’s strategic plan for the sector
•Work with the M&E Officer to carry out end
– project assessment of programs, projects, policies.
•Lead in producing economic briefs, papers, policy reviews and provide economic guidance to the Chief Engineer, and relevant Minister(s) and other authorities, producing reports, policy reviews and presentations.
•Perform financial analysis and conduct projections on previous scenarios to assess the effectiveness of the transport sector policies
A0 in Transport Economics, Urban Transport, and Civil Engineering with 3 years of working experience OR Master’s Degree in Transport Economics, Urban Transport, and Civil Engineering.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
Knowledge of computer modeling software;
– Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits;
– Knowledge in urban planning;
– Quality Control Analysis Skills
– High Critical Thinking Skills
– Complex Problem Solving Skills
– Judgment and Decision Making Skills 1