Job at MINISTRY OF LAND AND FORESTRY: LEGAL ADVISOR (Deadline: 31 October 2017)
• Deal with legal issues and provide legal advice on staff and institutional matters to ensure their compliance with applicable laws, instructions, regulations and procedures;
• Reviews standard and unique contract and procurement documentation in consultation with relevant government/public donor institutions to ensure their legal correctness and completeness;
• Prepare contracts and MoUs between the ministry and stakeholders.
• Propose necessary amendments to laws, contracts and agreements to keep them relevant;
• Prepare documents concerning litigation cases involving the institution for the Attorney General;
• Interpret laws, instructions, regulations and procedures to the Ministry staff and management;
• Monitor the implementation of applicable laws, instructions, regulations and procedures.
• Assist technical department in developing legal and regulatory provisions (decrees and instructions) of the institution:
• Draft legal texts regarding the institution and give legal advice on texts, instructions, regulations and procedures;
• Follow up on legal texts/bills submitted to Cabinet or Parliament;
• Analyse applicable international laws to natural resources and ensure the ministry and partners comply with them.
• Supervises the compilation of registers of all legal documents including Agreements, Bonds, Guarantees, insurances and other relevant documents;
• Represents the Ministry in all Conciliation or Adjudication or Arbitration Proceedings and liaises with Advocates/Counsels who do so
• Monitor enacted laws relevant the ministry and putting it to the attention of management and staff
• Reviewing all documents before signature by the P/S and Minister
A0 in law with 3 years of working experience; Or Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Law
Knowledge and technical skills required:
– Knowledge of Substantive Law and Legal Procedures;
– Report writing and presentation skills;
– Analytical and problem solving;
– Team working skills;
– Computer skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and French.knowledge of all is an advantage