JOB AT MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT : Director of Finance and Administration : ( Deadline : 22 January 2019 )
Coordinator budget preparation and its execution.
– Coordinate the preparation of the draft budget involving all units in the organization
– Monitoring the annual operating budgets , and control its execution in compliance with the public finance rules and procedures
– Prepare annual periodic cash follow plans
– Prepare periodic fund requests
– Ensure proper receipt and custody of funds, supported by appropriate vouchers
Coordinate procurement of goods and services
– Provide guidelines in the public procurement process , and establish a sound tendering system
– Supervise the preparation of procurement plans
Coordinate Payments for goods and services.
– To check conformity and accuracy of payments requests
– Ensure proper disbursement of funds is supported buy appropriate vouchers
– Ensure safe custody of payments vouchers
Coordinate financial management and reporting
– Ensure the existence of strong Internal Controls in fund allocation, budgetary commitments, authorizations and payments
– Establish and maintain an appropriate Cash Book and General Ledger to Record Revenue and Expenditure operations.
– Prepare bank reconciliation statements at the end of each month .
– Liaise with the Internal and External Audit and assist them in their respective functions.
Oversee the management of human, material and financial resources of the Ministry.
– Assess performance of the staff of the unit and coordinate assessment of performance of the Ministry
– Coordinate the annual training plan of the institution.
– Carryout research relevant to his/her attributions to ensure standardized and effective performance
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Public Finance, Accounting with at least 3 years working experience or Master’s degree in Accounting, Public Finance, Accounting with at least 1 year working experience.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Rwanda’s financial management standards and procedures;
– Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices and financial data reporting;
– Knowledge of Rwanda Public Financial Law;
– Leadership and management skills;
– Planning and organisational, Budgeting skills;
– Communication skills;
– Strong IT skills, particularly in Financial software (SMART IFMIS);
– Time management Skills
– Interviewing Skills;
– Judgment & Decision making skills;
– Complex Problem solving;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French.