Job at MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SERVICE AND LABOR: Employment Policy and Labor Economist Officer(Deadline: 23 April 2018)
– Develop national labour policy and instructions related to foreign manpower, fight against child labour and elaborate realistic programs and projects supporting job
– oriented access and creation of employment of the national population answering the identified needs
– Analyse data given by « Labour Market Information System » on the shortfall or saturated jobs per regions, the social category and age groups concerned, etc. to draw the tendencies and the evolution of the national labour market
– Analyse the evolution of the foreign manpower and experts used by the private and public sectors per level and fields of activities
– Propose necessary studies on Employment development: Develop relevant terms of reference
– Launch tenders
– Participate to the Tender Board
– Monitor the technical assistance and/or subcontractors activities
– Participate to the elaboration of the national salary policy (notably the Minimum Salary (SMIG)Follow the SMIG evolution
– Monitor and evaluate the impact of the national policy and programmes implemented to facilitate job creation and access:
– Implement mechanisms to follow the national employment evolution
– Disseminate relatives supports in the districts
– Develop and organize a system of periodical meetings between employers and jobs seekers
– Organise sensitization campaigns for concerned organizations and employers trade unions
– Identify with them the major issues of labour and employment market and main orientations for labour accessibility
– Maintain relationships with the experts in charge of developing the different economic sectors of activities of the country and with the national and international institutions operating in the Labour and employment sector and notably with the International Labour Office (BIT)
– Report periodically to the authorities of the national labor market development with the statistician in charge of the data basis « Labor Market Information System »
A0 in Economics,Econometric s, Economic Planning, Economic Policy
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan Employment Sector;
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills.
– Technical understanding of system being analyzed and how it affects the various business units.
– Good at handling and meeting deadlines.
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes.
– Leadership skills;
– Creative, proactive, customer focused, solutions led and outcome driven;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Effective communication skills;
– Time Management Skills;
– Decesion making Skills;
– Computer Skills;
– Judgment & Decision making skills;
– High analytical & Complex Problem solving Skills;
– fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.