Job at MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SERVICE AND LABOUR : Regulation and Compliance Officer (Deadline: 10 July 2018)
1. Elaboration and update of the laws and regulations governing Labour and Employment in Rwanda;
– Collect the useful data to improve the laws and regulations governing the labour and employment in Rwanda.
– Develop Laws and Regulations governing Labour.
– Collaborate with Competent Authorities for adoption and publication of Laws Regulating Labour in Rwanda.
– Set standards regarding working conditions at workplace.
– Ensure that national labour laws and regulations are in line with international labour standards and conventions.
– Disseminate Labour Laws to all stakeholders
2. Improvement of legal framework governing labour and employment in Rwanda;
– Provide advice and opinions on necessary amendments in laws and regulations Regulating Labour in Rwanda.
– Collaborate with the experts in charge of Health and security at work and with the Chief Labour Inspector to set labour standards.
3. Ratification of International Labour Organization (ILO) convention;
– Maintain relationships with the National and International Institutions operating in the sector of employment, labour, health and security at workplace social dialogue and fight against child labour.
– Participate in the preparation of the international conventions related to Labour and employment.
– Follow their ratification with Rwanda.
– Prepare reports on ratified international conventions
A0 in Law or Labour Law
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required :
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of Labour policies and law;
– Knowledge in Industrial Development strategies;
– Ability to conduct investigations for high profiles;
– Mediation and negotiations skills;
– Analytical, problem
– solving and critical thinking skills.
– Technical understanding of system being analyzed and how it affects the various business units.
– Good at handling and meeting deadlines.
– tasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes.
– Able to work well with both clients from Public and Private Sector.
– Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users, managers.