job at MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SERVICE AND LABOUR: IPPIS IT Support Officer (Deadline 12/Mar/2018)
• Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
• Doing installation and configuration of server, deployment of software applications.
• Participating in different training and train or give assistance when required as a facilitator
• Track computer system issues through to resolution,
• Assist IPPIS Users through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue and ensure all issues are properly logged.
• Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
• Follow up with IPPIS Users to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
• Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology or Diploma in IT related field with 3 years working experience in ICT field
– Hands on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
– Good understanding of computer systems and systems deployment architecture
– Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
– Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
– Excellent problem solving and communication skills
– Ability to provide step by step technical help, both written and verbal
– Additional IT certification is a plus
– Working Knowledge of IT Hardware and Software