Job at MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY:Legal A divisor (Deadline 23/Jan/2018 )
• Collect and keep in records all laws, decisions related to jurisprudence in the area of complaints of interest to the institution.
• Analyse files to ensure legal compliance.
• Provide practical legal opinions to ensure that the appropriate legal approach is taken on arising matters in accordance with existing laws.
• Provide legal advice on tender documents.
• Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
• Review and advise the management on legal compliance of internal policies and procedures.
• Ensure proper recording of all legal documents and precedents where the institution was involved.
• Negotiate contracts.
• Draft contracts and get them signed by concerned parties.
• Communicate signed contract to all concerned parties.
• Preserve all documents relating to the contract (negotiation minutes….).
• Monitor contract execution to ensure contract closure, extension or renew.
• Provide legal advice on contract disputes settlement.
A0 in Law with 3 years of working experience or Master’s Degree in Law
Key Technical skills and Knowledge required :
– High analytical and problem solving skills;
– Legal research and analysis in complex areas of law;
– Knowledge of Substantive Law and Legal Procedures;
– Decision making skills;
– Experience in contract drafting and negotiation;
– Excellent communication skills ;
– Very effective organization skills;
– Team working skills;
– Computer skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French.