Job at MINISTRY OF YOUTH : Sexual and Reproductive Health Specialist (Under Contract) ( Deadline :16 November 2018 )
The Sexual and Reproductive Health Specialist is responsible of:
A. Develop policies, strategies and program that promote Reproductive Health and HIV prevention among youth.
– Contribute to design policies and strategies aiming at Youth well being;
– Ensure the establishment of the work plan for the project supported by Global Fund in the Ministry of Youth;
– Support the implementation of the projects’ activities within the youth centers;
– Advise and supervise the administrative aspect of the youth centers in the implementation of Sexual and Reproductive Health related activities;
– Contribute to the elaboration of the performance indicators of the project;
– Analyze the documents in relation to the job description of the staff in the youth centers;
– Take part in the preparation and organization of seminars, workshops or all other training and give technical support in the area of Reproductive Health Promotion and HIV prevention;
– Ensure the reinforcement of the beneficiaries’ skills in the area of Reproductive Health Promotion and HIV prevention.
B.Regular monitoring and supervision of the youth friendly reproductive Health services:
– Ensure support and supervision of the SRH staff in youth centres;
– Regular field visits to follow up the implementation of activities related to Sexual and Reproductive Health Promotion and HIV prevention in the youth centers.
– Ensure timely reporting to relevant stakeholders;
– Ensure reports related to the component are drafted and timely sent to relevant authorities for signature;
– Carry out any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Master’s Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Clinical Psychology, Sociology with at least 3 years working experience in HIV prevention programs or A0 Degree in the same field with 5 years of working experience. Knowledge and working experience in external funded Projects is an added advantage.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Understanding the Project Management cycle;
– Excellent Communication, Organizational and Managerial Skills;
– Skills in provision of youth friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health programs
– Computer knowledge (Word Processing, Power Point and Internet)
– Time management and reporting skills;
Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; Knowledge of all is an advantage.