Job at MTN : Financial Planning and Budgeting Analyst (Deadline: 15th July 2017)
Financial Planning and Budgeting Analyst
Position: Financial Planning and Budgeting Analyst
Company: MTN Rwanda
Deadline: Saturday 15th Jul 2017
MTN Rwanda seeks to recruit highly competent and self-motivating individual to join its Finance Department at the position of Financial Planning and Budgeting Analyst, reporting to Financial Planning and Budgeting Manager.
About MTN Rwanda:
In its vision of leading the delivery of a bold, new, digital world to her customers, MTN is specifically focused on Africa and the Middle East. MTN Rwanda (MTN RWANDACELL Ltd) has been in operation since 1998 with over 4 million subscribers and still growing. The company offers new and innovative packages and services, and keeps up with the latest trends in communications to satisfy its customers.
Core job responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Opex budgeting model to include:
- Work with all cost centres to ensure timely submission of respective Opex drivers & forecasts.
- Spearhead the consolidation of Opex forecasts for entire business.
- Prepare monthly Opex budget variance commentary and share with cost centre HODs.
- Ensure all unbudgeted / under budgeted recurring Opex is reflected in the subsequent forecasting cycles.
- Ensure accuracy of the monthly Non-Financial Load in Hyperion as per Group Timelines and with all validations cleared.
- Track Monthly Business Performance forecast considering all key assumptions and developments in the month for EBU & MFS business Segments from Revenue to EBITDA level, with clear segmentation of revenue and Cost of detail.
- Preparation of Site performance report; validating completeness and accuracy. This should include
- Costs split between Active maintenance and Passive Maintenance
- Non-Financial Information (where available)”
- Preparation of Service centre profitability analysis validating accuracy and completeness.
- Provide inputs for the forecasting, planning, development and review of budget for MTN Finance department.
- Updating Data Room with monthly movements.
- Maintain detailed monthly departmental Capex spend report and circulate to budget owners.
- Monthly Competitor analysis, which should include but not limited to the following;
- Promotions currently on offer
- Market share and Value share
- Interconnect traffic
- Any changes in the industry such as tariffs, packaging etc.
- Actively participate during the various forecasting cycles.
- Responsible for compiling and consolidating the Monthly ops deck.
- Prepare any other ad-hock performance reports as maybe required by Management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/ACCA possession is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in Finance section preferably in Financial analysis.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Proficiency in computer skills (Spreadsheet, Power point…)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Financial modelling expertise a plus.
How to apply
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials not later than 15th July 2017
Though HRIS for MTN staff internal staff And [email protected] for external applicants
MTN Rwandacell Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Qualified applicants will be contacted within ten (10) days after the submission deadline.