Job at MTN Rwanda: Accountant – Financial Accounting and Reporting (Deadline: 16 December 2018)
Position: Accountant – Financial Accounting and Reporting.
Company: MTN Rwanda
Deadline: Sunday 16th Dec 2018
MTN Rwanda seeks to recruit a highly competent and self-motivating individual to join Finance Department at the position of aAccountant – Financial Accounting and Reporting.
If the idea of being part of a winning team excites you, then read on!
Core job responsibilities:
- Posting of journal entries for all prepayments, provisions and any other ledger adjustment.
- To assign appropriate ledger codes for journalizing of entry.
- To maintain the cashbook daily which necessitates the following:
- Recording daily cheques issued in the cash management module of the Sage financial system.
- Filing of cheques related to payment voucher in the chronological order of dates.
- To verify and reconcile salary control account to VIP.
- To reconcile all staff travels and * staff account.
- Reconcile all payroll deduction balances (i.e. PAYE. NSSF, Pension fund) to payments request before approval
- Provide a monthly schedule of staff deduction to HR by 20th of every month.
- Maintain detailed amortization schedule for all prepayments.
- To reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts by the due dates agreed.
- Ensure staff do not have outstanding advance before approval of any staff advance.
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of approved payments.
- Ensure dealer cash batches are posted on daily basis.
- To ensure that transactions are posted to the ledgers daily
- To ensure Monthly balance sheet reconciliations are prepared and submitted for review on a within
The agreed deadlines
- Liaison with persons in charge of Subsidiary ledgers to ensure that general ledger control accounts tally with the supporting detailed subsidiary ledger balances
- To extract the monthly trial balance, review and give appropriate commentary on the month on
Movements of GL Balance
- Bachelor’s Majoring in Accounting or its equivalent.
- Pursuing a professional Accounting course (ACCA, CPA etc.)
- 2 years relevant Experience in telecommunication industry is an added advantage
How to apply:
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials not later than 6th December 2018.
Through jobs platform on: jobs2.RW[at]mtn.com and on HRIS
MTN Rwandacell Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the submission deadline.