Job at NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR CHILDREN: Child Rights Protection and Promotion Officer (Deadline: 21 November 2018)
• Contribute to the identification of key priorities for the unit;
• Participate in the preparation of the budget for approved key priorities of the unit;
• Ensure that issues related to Street Children phenomenon are mainstreamed in Government and Non Government priorities and programs;
• Collect and update on regular basis data vis
– vis the Street Children phenomenon in Rwanda;
• Provide regular guidance to stakeholders working on the Street Children phenomenon regarding child rights laws, policies and regulations
• Prepare and submit timely activity plans and periodic reports to the Director of the unit.
• Carry out any other assignment attributed by his/her supervisor.
University degree in Law; Education Sciences, Psychology, Sociology and Social Work. Having a Master’s degree in the same fields will be an added advantage.
Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English is required. Fluency in French will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
• Good oral and writing skills, presentation skills, negotiations skills, interactive and interpersonal communication skills,
• A flexible approach to work with a willingness to achieve results and strengthen capacities in case of technical capacity shortfalls.
• Working with Government Officials at national and district levels as well as in partnership
• Drive for results and willingness to learn.