JOB AT National Commission for Human Rights/Rwanda : Commissioner : ( Deadline : 23 January 2019)
Post Vacancy Announcement
Position: Commissioner of the National Commission for Human Rights/Rwanda
Pursuant to the law N°61/2018 of 24/08/2018 modifying Law N° 19/2013 of 25/03/2013 determining missions, organization and functioning of the National Commission for Human Rights. in its articles 4 and 5;
Pursuant to the Presidential Order N° 72/01 of 12/3/2014 establishing the candidate selection committee to the post of Commissioner of the National Commission for Human Rights and determining its mission, organization and functioning especially in its article 3;
The Committee in charge of selection of candidates to the post of Commissioner of the National Commission for Human Rights hereby informs eligible candidates coming from entities provided by article 5 of the aforementioned Law to submit their applications to the post of Commissioner of the National Commission for Human Rights.
The Commissioners come from:
1) Civil society including non-governmental organizations for the promotion and protection of human rights;
2) Public and private universities and institutions of higher learning;
3) Public institutions;
4) Private sector.
I. For a person to be a Commissioner, he/she must fulfill the following conditions:
1. To be a Rwandan;
2. To be a person of integrity;
3. Not to have been convicted of the crime of genocide, crime of genocide ideology and crimes against humanity in a final judgment;
4. Not to have been sentenced to imprisonment for a term equal to or exceeding six (6) months in a final judgment;
5. To have an experience in leadership positions in public or private institutions.
II. The application should include the following:
1. An Application letter addressed to the Chairperson of the Candidate Selection Committee to the Post of
Commissioner of the National Commission for Human Rights;
2. Acopy of 1.0 Card;
3. Acriminal record certificate;
4. Adetailed Curriculum Vitae;
5. Academic testimonials;
6. Recommendation letter from the entity the candidate comes from as provided by the law N° 61/2018 of 24/08/2018 modifying Law No 19/2013 of 25/03/2013 in its article 5.
III. How to apply
Candidates should submit their applications to the Secretariat of the Selection Committee to the Post of Commissioner of the National Commission for Human Rights not later than 23/01/2019 at 4:00 p.m, at the headquarters of the National Commission for Human Rights/Remera.
On the envelope containing candidate’s file shall be mentioned: Application fo the Post of Commissioner of the National Commission for Human Rights,
For more information, please contact Mr. SAFARI Emmanuel on his phone number 0788488022,
Done at Kigali, on 14 January 2019.