Job at NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR UNITY AND RECONCILIATION :Re advertisement Advisory to Executive Secretary (Deadline 19 January 2018)
•Planning Permanent Secretariat meetings;
•Planning and preparation of Executive Secretary meetings with others;
•To examine all technical information (documents, files, reports, etc) in line with the daily activities of the Office of the Executive Secretary,
•To provide technical advices to the Executive Secretary;
•To follow up the implementation of the resolutions from the meeting of the Commissioners Council.
•Liaise with other offices within the Permanent Secretariat to ensure timely and relevant in puts into draft and development of written communication, speeches, statement and briefings for the Executive Secretary ensuring high level of consistency, accuracy, content and presentation for different audiences;
•Provide technical advices to the Permanent Secretariat and strengthening the technical delivery of the organization as well as smooth running of its business and interactions;
•To review the minutes of the meetings and mission reports attended by Executive Secretary before they are written in final form and make follow up of the implementation of action point from meetings, missions and different visits;
•Initiate ideas for discussion and provide strategic advices to advance unity and reconciliation programs as well as NURC functions;
•Liaise with different offices and ensure close follow up on issues related to NURC activities.
A0 in Conflict Resolution and Management , Political Sciences, Sociology with 3 years of working experience ; Or Master or Equivalent in Conflict resolution and Management , Political Sciences, Sociology with 1 years of experience.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of Rwandan History;
– Knowledge in conflict Management;
– Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills;
– Strong leadership skills; Good at handling and meeting deadlines;
– Able to work with external and internal clients;
– Good presentation skills and ability to communicate with various audiences including end users and Managers;
– Interpersonal skills; Collaboration and team working skills, Administrative skills and Time Management skills.
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage