Job at NATIONAL COMMISSION OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY: Grant Manager Officer (Deadline: 24 November 2017)
•Managing Research Grants:
– Develop and introduce research and innovation standardized granting instruments such as tools, templates and guidelines to support grant management and oversee application processes.
– Process grant payments to successful applicants and follow up on all queries related to NCST’s granting process
– Ensure that grant management tools and templates are used consistently and implement management rules and procedures.
•Reporting on the Research Grants:
– Monitor interventions and programs funded by grants to ensure compliance with established rules and procedures and requirements
– Perform functions of grant management and report on status of grant processing and outcomes by regularly leasing with beneficiaries
– Prepare financial and other reports related to the National Research and Innovation Fund
– Work on other duties assigned by the NCST Executive Secretary
– Work on other duties assigned by the Head of department and report to him/her
– Working experience of 3 years in Operational Research Funding and/or Grant Management
– Strong knowledge of science, technology, innovation and R&D economics and strategic planning,
– Ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements, submissions, rules regulations, and budget projections to ensure conformity to standards.
– Knowledge of grant processes including accounting and financial reporting with ability to interpret.
Bachelor’s Degree in Technology Management, Business Administration and Finance, Industrial Management, Industrial Economics, Geo
– Econometrics, Biostatistics, Business Process Engineering, Operational Research.
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
– Knowledge in Project Proposal and Grant Management;
– Computer skills;
– Organizational skills;
– Communication skills;
– Knowledge of organizational structure workflow and operating procedures;
– Knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation Systems;
– Judgment and decision making skills;
– Complex Problem Solving;
– Time management skills;
– High analytical skills;
– Team working skills;
– Fluent in English. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda and French is an advantage