Job at National Commission of science and Technology : Readvertisement:Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists (Deadline: 20 February 2018 )
•Development of Science, Technology, Research and Innovation M&E tools:
– Monitor and Evaluate National Science, Technology, Innovation and Research and Innovation Programs
– Establish an efficient and robust monitoring and evaluation system of National Science, Research and Innovation programs and assess their impact on the achievement of Vision 2020 and EDPRS goals and targets,;
•Implementation of the Science, Technology, Research and Innovation M&E tools:
– Establish an efficient and robust monitoring and evaluation system of National Science, research and innovation programs and assess their impact on the achievement of Vision 2020 and EDPRS goals and targets
– In close collaboration with relevant stakeholders, analyze how the implementation of National Science, Research, and Innovation Programs is achieved based on clearly defined indicators
– Monitor the performance of Rwanda in streamlining National Science, Research and Innovation into National Development agenda using International Science, Technology and Innovation indices such as IDI, GERD etc.
– Elaborate an achievements matrix for annual reporting on the state of Science and Technology;
– Work on other duties as may be assigned by the NCST’s Executive Secretary.
– Report to the head of the department of STIR promotion and development.
– Conducting operational Research In Science, Technology and Innovation
– Advanced knowledge of global Science and Technology Innovation Ecosystems
– Proven skills to design strategic briefs and foresights concept notes for stakeholders’ decision making support
– Proficient knowledge in using Information Technology (IT) tools such as data processing and knowledge management tools as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Sciences, Physics, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering, Pharmacy, Environmental Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oils and Gas Technologies, Biotechnology, Biology, Industrial Process Engineering, Industrial Economics, Geo
– Economics, Environment Economics, Agro
– Processing, Computing and Information Theory, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Biostatistics, Operational Research with 4 years of working experience; or a Master’s Degree in relevant fields with 1 years of working experience.
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Science, Technology, Innovation and Research M&E Framework and Processes;
– Knowledge of Main Science, Technology and Innovation Indicators’ System, including the OECDE and UNESCO Indicators;
– Knowledge of standard qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods
– Strong analytical and leadership skills;
– Sound communication skills;
– Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required.