JOB AT NATIONAL REHABILITATION SERVICE : Database & ICT Officer Nyamagabe : ( Deadline : 07 June 2019 )
Evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
Support NRS staff in use of different software and applications and give basic trainings and advice appropriately
Follow the technical evolution of new software and or /new application versions used by the institution and inform authorities for decision making.
Create and manage NRS staff emails by configuring outlook or outlook express on their PCs
Helps to resolve problems and faults occurring in the operation of hardware and software
Build database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions.
Develop database utilities and automated reporting.
Create shell scripts for task automation.
Monitor systems and platforms for availability.
Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency.
Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements of database.
Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
Restore and recover corrupted databases.
Liaise with systems development staff or software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfill user requirements
Liaise with the Examination expert and information system expert in order to harmonize all software applications used in the institution
Liaise with clients/users and jointly develops ideas for page designs
Maintains confidentiality and observes data protection guidelines.
Work hand in hand with colleagues who need to setup database system and advise accordingly
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of Rwanda’s ICT policies and strategies;
– Highly proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products
– Proficient in basic networking protocols and standards
– Knowledge of AD, Exchange, VPN, routers, and wireless internet access;
– Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming;
– Interpersonal Skills;
– Communication skills
– Negotiation Skills;
– solving skills;
– Analytical skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.