Job at NATIONAL REHABILITATION SERVICE: Social and Health Rehabilitation services specialist (Deadline :30/Dec/2017)
1. To Provide technical support at senior level to NRS on matters related to delinquency matters within Youth,
2. Elaborating and implementing relevant policies and programs related to the delinquency prevention and rehabilitation
3. Formulating and evaluating programs in the area of Youth promotion; 4.Supervising and coordinating activities of the professionals under his/her supervision; 5. Regularly evaluating the real situation in delinquency matters and take appropriate measures; 6.Elaborating the annual action plan and budget for the delinquency prevention and rehabilitation department;
7. Providing advice on all dossiers related to delinquency prevention and rehabilitation of Youth; 8.Participating in senior management meetings; 9.Producing the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports of department activities; 10.Carrying out any other relevant tasks assigned by the National Rehabilitation services authorities
11.Maintains National Rehabilitation service care files and attendance record files for delinquency prevention programs.
12. Performs drug screenings, as required.
13. Maintains files of delinquency prevention program documents, of NRS care documents, and other departmental documents and records.
14.Supports efforts to reduce delinquency and recidivism through collaboration with local, community groups, associations, law enforcement agencies and other collaborating organizations.
15.Refers juveniles to community agencies, like settlement family, child guidance clinics, and health clinics, for mental, physical and social rehabilitation.
A0 in Clinical Psychology, Mental Health,Sociology, and Social Work with 3 years of relevant working experience or Master’s in Clinical Psychology, Mental Health,Sociology, and Social Work.
Key technical skills and knowledge required
Child guidance clinics skills
Health clinics skills
Mental, physical, and social rehabilitation skills
Knowledge in Reunification and Tracing;
– Knowledge of Handling Psychological disoders;
– High analytical and problem solving skills;
– Decision making skills;
– communication skills ;
– organization skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda