Job at NDERA NEURO-PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL: Lab Technician/CARAES BUTARE (Deadline: 10 December 2018)
1. Perform laboratory analysis of body fluids, including blood, urine, stool, sputum, CSF and other biological samples.
2. Perform and document quality control of all tests performed in service.
3. Enter data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into computer for laboratory information system.
4. Establish and monitor programs to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
5. Set up, clean, and maintain laboratory equipment.
6. Process and report specimens in a timely and efficient manor
7. Monitor room and fridge temperature
8. Make sure working environment is clean and free of clutters
9. To respect safety rules and procedures and able to work in any assigned task performed in laboratory department
10. Perform and sterilize all laboratory reusable material, culture media and others
11. Clean, dry and sterilize laboratory material that need sterilization
A1/ A0 in Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Laboratory
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan Health system;
– Knowledge in value of Laboratory medicine to the health care;
– ƒKnowledge in Laboratory information systems;
– Knowledge in Laboratory medicine Technology;
– Knowledge in Medical Procedures and Operations;
– Knowledge in Care Diagnostics;
– Knowledge in Medical Devices & Diagnosis;
– Knowledge in Clinical pathology;
– Basic knowledge in mental health care
– Knowledge in Laboratory standardization and harmonization;
– Skills in Laboratory planning skills;
– Deep knowledge in Analysing Laboratory system;
– Knowledge in the Structure of the national laboratory system
– Planning & Organizational Skills;
– Interpersonal Skill
– Effective communication skills;
– Time Management Skills;
– Computer Skills;
– Judgment & Decision making skills;
– Complex Problem solving Skills;
– Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.