job at NGOMA DISTRICT:chief accountant ( Deadline 06/Feb/2018)
1. Prepare, examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedure standards.
2. Ensure compliance with financial rules and regulations.
3. Review entries and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
4. Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions with in designated limits.
5. Coordinate monthly closing procedures and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
6. Adhere to internal and external reporting deadlines.
7. Be responsible for tax obligations
8. Work with both internal and external auditors during financial operational audits.
9. Support the institutions mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
10. Review of accounts payables and weekly check runs
11. Monitor compliance with financial rules and regulations in forth and institutional procedures
12. Utilize teamwork to develop departmental synergy
13. Reports, analyses and ensure integrity of all final information
14. Contribute to the hospital environmental hygiene
15. Participating in quality assurance and quality improvement of the hospital
15. Submit monthly, quarterly and annually report to the supervisor
16. Perform any other duties as assigned by immediate line Manager.
“A0 in Accounting Professional Qualification recognised by IFAC (ACCA, CPA) or A0 in Finance, Accounting or Management with specialization in Finance/Accounting
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of cost analysis techniques;
– Knowledge to analyse complex financial information & Produce reports;
– Deep understanding of financial accounts;
– Planning and organisational skills;
– Communication skills;
– Strong IT skills, particularly in Financia software (SMART IFMIS);
– Judgment & Decision Making Skills;
– High Analytical Skills;
– Interpersonal skills;
– Time management Skills;
– Complex Problem solving;
– Flexibility Skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage