Job at NYANZA DISTRICT: In charge of Documentation & Archives (Deadline: 02 November 2017)
– Develop and operate a system for documentation and archives for the City of Kigali in accordance with internationally benchmarked practices and standards;
– Develop and implement, in collaboration with concerned staff, an information classification and access policy;
– Manage, in collaboration with the Logistics officer and other concerned units, the acquisition and borrowing system of books and other documents and prepare related annual budget;
– Make an annual inventory of books and documents acquired by the City of Kigali and ensure their proper maintenance;
– Maintain an effective cataloguing and indexing of books and regularly update the City of Kigali’s documentation database;
– Collect and distribute newspapers, official gazettes and any other public (policy) documents and inform library users on new acquisitions.
A1 in Library & Information Science, Office management, Bibliotheconomy or A0 in Library & Information Science, Office management
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
-Proficiency in information technology;
-Knowledge of integrated document management
-Knowledge of archive management software
-Knowledge of the documentation management system (DMS) would be an advantage.
-Report writing & Presentation skills;
-Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage