Job at One Acre Fund : Account Payable Officer (Deadline: 03rd April 2018)
Account Payable Officer
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Deadline: 3rd April 2018
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
Who We Are
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia and Myanmar that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in income. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. In nine years we have grown to serve over 400,000 farm families with more than 3,000 full-time field staff. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new countries. To help maintain this growth, we are looking for an Accounts Payable Officer to assist in processing payments for our operating countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage multiple junior members of the Accounts Payable team. Oversee their day-to-day payment processing and come up with efficiency gains and process improvements for the team.
- Manage the link between SAP and our mobile money and bank accounts. Ensure proper payment documentation is delivered to banks to support transfers.
- Verify payments details, follow up on rejected transfers and resolve issues with banking platforms. Provide proofs of payment as requested by the Compliance Officer.
- Maintain efficient balances of cash in all country accounts and prepare cash transfers among accounts as needed.
- Liaise with account managers to keep signatories and other relevant information updated for all banks for assigned countries.
- Communicate bank balances regularly. Send statements to required teams as requested.
- Support completion of the cash forecast for required countries.
- Liaise with compliance and accounting teams to strengthen data flow accuracy and timeliness.
- Drive cross-country standardization of payments procedures to improve overall payments process and deliver even better service to country counterparts.
- A university degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field
- Two years of professional work experience in accounts payable or a related area.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; experience working with an ERP System (SAP experience preferable)
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. French or Swahili desired.
- Prior management experience is a plus
- High quality work with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated integrity.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proactive problem solver.
Please click on this link: https://docs.google.com/form /d/e/1FAIpQLSdCuyGjRuk3nXHMZN9aS53AyA_FucIG76UC8LR34oeQWdCRBg/viewform
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: (+250) 786 908 557 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.