One Acre Fund (known as TUBURA in Rwanda) is an NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families in East Africa to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than $100 of impact per client. We are growing quickly. In seven years, we have grown to serve 150,000 farm families with more than 1400 full-time field staff. In three more years, we will at least triple in size, while adding several new countries.
The Audit officer is a member of Field Audit team managed by the Audit Manager. They are responsible to confirm roster data and help to correct and prevent the errors. Their work is primarily field-based, with some office-based responsibilities.
Communicate with Field Officers and Field Managers to ensure mobilization for following week
Get audit materials from Audit Manager on Monday
Communicate with BizOps to make sure that receipts are updated on Tuesday with BK
Organize a meetings with Field Officers and Field Managers, ensure all receipts and other documentation are present
- Implementing the audit check-list process in the field
- Providing excellent service to TUBURA clients
- Help Field Manager in mobilizing the clients in the site to be investigated
- Explaining the aims/objectives of investigation to the clients and being a good representative of Tubura
- Identifying discrepancies and helping to solve problems between the FO and the clients in the event of a disagreement
- Provide weekly audit report to the Audit Manager
- Give audit repayment receipts to BizOps and input receipts to Audit Manager
- Assist the logistics team in inputs distribution each season
- Completing all required distribution documentation
- Working with the Truck Managers and the Field Managers to identify discrepancies in documentation after distribution
- Completing all materials used in distribution reconciliation process
- Reporting findings from reconciliation to the Audit Manager and Audit Director
- Help with data entry of some data if necessary
- Other tasks given by the Audit Manager or Audit Director, as necessary
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
Fluency in Kinyarwanda required
- Some knowledge of French or English preferred
- Accounting or mathematics background
- Secondary school completion required
- Some experience using computers – Microsoft Word and Excel
- One year of field work required, more preferred
- History of work in a team preferred
Preferred Start Date ASAP
How to Apply
Please click on this link: https://oneacrefund.formstack.com/forms/rwanda_job_application_form
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruiting process or for receiving a job offer. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to email@example.com immediately.