Job at One Acre Fund: Compliance Officer (Deadline: 25th April 2017)
Mbere na mbere abahinzi
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Deadline: 25th April 2017
Commitment: Long term career position
Who We Are
One Acre Fund is a rapidly growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in income. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. In eight years we have grown to serve 280,000 farm families with more than 3,000 full-time field staff. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new countries. To help manage this growth, we are looking for a Compliance Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review requests for payment against a predefined list of country-specific criteria. Suggest improvements to criterion for each country.
- Maintain a list of authorized payment approvers for each country. Confirm that all requests comply with necessary approvals.
- Contact approvers or requesters as necessary to follow up on non-compliance or rejected payments.
- Document all supplier information including certificates of incorporation and banking details.
- Build a solid trail of documentation to be used during quarterly and annual audits.
- Work with the global finance team to accomplish finance team goals.
- A university degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field
- One to three years of professional work experience in accounting or finance.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; experience working with an ERP System (SAP experience preferable)
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. French or Swahili desired.
- High quality work with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated integrity.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proactive problem solver.
Please click on this link:
Please complete the linked form carefully, only top candidates will be considered. It is not necessary to attach a cover letter or CV but you may do so at the end of the form.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: 0785443136 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.