Job at One Acre Fund : Compliance Project Specialist (Deadline: 30 October 2018)
One Acre Fund’s work is governed by the formal laws and regulations of Rwanda, as well as informal conventions that affect operations and government policy and rules that may be updated or changed frequently. As we grow, it is increasingly imperative to ensure that our operations all exist within Rwanda’s legal framework, and that all departments are aware of the rules governing their work.
We are currently hiring for a Compliance Project Specialist to fulfill the following Responsibilities.
strong>Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and analyze the laws, regulations, policies, and rules that govern One Acre Fund’s work in Rwanda.
- Establish relationships with regulators and other institutions that administer the law.
- Develop and maintain Risk assessment matrix while running a quarterly analysis of vulnerabilities and risks and implementing corrective actions.
- Maintain close contact with relevant government agencies to determine when new laws or regulations are issued that affect One Acre Fund’s operations and update One Acre Fund teams on these new developments.
- Lead on drafting internal policies that ensure external compliance.
- Collaborate with OAF internal audit team to ensure all teams and operations are compliant with the regulatory framework.
- Support the Rwanda Legal Counsel to develop and maintain systems that track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Legal & Compliance Unit.
- Develop a compliance calendar that tracks progress of compliance tailored training across the organization to promote awareness of relevant laws/regulations/rules for each department.
- Lead and maintain License /survey applications.
- Provide guidance, upon request and need, for any new area of operation.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentor ship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with at least 2 years of strong, relevant work experience and a demonstrated long-term passion for development work. Candidates with the following qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Professional background, with at least two years’ experience, in Law, Audit or Economics. Preference for experience in the agricultural sector.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda.
- Top performing academic background (must have at least a Bachelor’s degree).
- Proven ability to drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Relationship-building skills: we’re looking for someone who is able to develop strategic relationships with our key regulators who can support in our understanding of legal policies
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate complex compliance issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Rwanda national – this job is for Rwandese nationals only
Preferred Start Date
As soon As Possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates