Job at One Acre Fund : Junior Accountant (Deadline: 30 August 2018 )
Function: Finance Operations
Employer: One Acre Fund
Position: Junior Accountant
Job Location: Kigali
Deadline: August 30th 2018
Duration: Open Ended
Who We Are
Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund (‘OAF’) is a non-profit social enterprise in east and southern Africa that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving hand-outs, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education,, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve more than 600,000 farmers with more than 6,000 full-time field staff. Website: www.oneacrefund.org
We are looking for an Accountant to manage the books of our fundraising and treasury managing entity
The Accountant is responsible for generating accurate financial statements for the assigned country. This includes owning the ERP database and related trial balance, overseeing the recording of all routine transactions and complex/usual transactions. The Accountant will also own the processes that ensure that OAF financial results are accurate, valid and complete in line with the organization’s finance policies and procedures.
Additionally coordinating with other country accountants to ensure accounting consistency and best practices, across all countries of operation, will be key to your responsibilities. Your work will produce critical data that will drive organizational decisions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the income statement and balance sheet for the assigned country
- Collect, analyse and summarize accounting information
- Manage monthly and weekly close books process; ensure all cash accounts reconcile
- Perform necessary balance sheet reconciliations in line with internal policies
- Provide weekly, monthly or quarterly reports on subsets of the trial balance.
- Support external and internal audits as required
- Perform ad hoc projects or tasks as requested by Associate Controller, or department head
- Work with the Associate Controller and extended Finance team to accomplish Finance Team goals
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- Coordinate supporting files in secure database
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
- A university degree in Accounting, Finance or other related fields
- 3+ years’ work experience in accounting
- Language: English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Previous experience with ERP systems, SAP Business One a plus
- Attention to detail and experience working with remote teams a plus
- Professional and proactive work attitude
Please click on this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCuyGjRuk3nXHMZN9aS53AyA_FucIG76UC8LR34oeQWdCRBg/viewform
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura Fraud Hotline: (+250) 786 908 557 (Do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts. If you misuse his number and use it for general information about the position and not to report Fraud, we will not consider you for this position).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email and phone calls