Job at One Acre fund: Strategic Project Management Specialist
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We are growing quickly. In seven years, the Rwanda program has grown to serve over 100,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff.
the Strategic Project Management Specialist leads the Tubura audit team and liaises closely with Field Operations. The Audit Team is responsible for identifying errors in client data, staff fraud, and reducing error and fraud in the future. The Audit Team responds to Field Operations and Hotline requests to visit clients across all districts where Tubura works in Rwanda. The team also plays a key role during distribution acting as Truck Managers, Warehouse Managers and reconciling balances caused by differences between inventory and distributed products.
Primary Duties of the Audit Project Specialist
- Manage the audit team consisting of 1 audit director, 3 audit managers and 14 audit officers
- Provide mentorship and coaching to team members and evaluate their performance both formally through bi-annual performance reviews and informally in day-to-day work
- Work closely with Field Operations and Business Operations to explore future solutions to improve and streamline audit processes and strategy and implement new client protection measures
- Develop a strategy for efficient auditing using a risk-based model and cost-savings strategies
- Set the purpose and vision of the audit team as Tubura moves to mobile repayment
Field Activities & Processes
- Oversee the field audit process, coordination, scheduling and follow-up with Field Operations and any other related departments
- Oversee the process of reconciling client deliveries to inventory delivered
- Propose and implement improvements to audit materials used in the field
Reporting & Analysis
- Seasonal: Provide high-level professional audit reports and analysis to Field Operations, Logistics, and other interested stakeholders including country leadership
- Respond to ad-hoc questions related to fraud trends
- Liaise with the Anti-Fraud department who works to recover owed amounts identified as part of the audit process
- Work with Business Operations to understand the status of audit balances
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with a strong background in audit or a related field, and a demonstrated long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa. We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive; please only apply if you fit these criteria:
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office
- Excellent mathematics skills
- Creativity and proactive problem-solving
- Clear communicator/mentor
- Integrity and a positive attitude
- Demonstrates high quality work with a strong attention to detail
- A willingness to commit to living in Western rural Rwanda for at least two years
- Language: Fluent in English or French, fluent in Kinyarwanda
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Relevant work experiences. Examples include: demanding professional work experience in business, bank or NGO, or a successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Top-performing undergraduate degree in project management, economics, finance, or other relevant fields from a recognized University (please include grades and test scores on your resume)
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Experience managing other people.
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
If you have these skills and experiences in these areas, please highlight them on your cover letter and resume.
Preferred Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: Mediplan Health Insurance, staff loans, small airtime and transportation allowances
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer
Please click on this link: https://www.oneacrefund.org/careers/job-openings?n=Strategic-Project-Management-Specialist
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV. We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura HR Hotline: 0785443574 (Please do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.