Job at One Acre Fund: TUBURA UNIVERSITY ASSOCIATE
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
Our Field Operations Associates will manage the successful engagement with our clients in the field.
We are hiring for two roles:
- An associate focused on managing client-facing agriculture training to over 200,000 clients across Rwanda.
- An associate to guide the creation and execution of our core field materials and tools for our 1,000+-member Field Operations Team
- The associate will work with the Impact Team to identify recommended behavior change interventions and to understand barriers to behavior change through human centered design techniques. They will support identification of trainings that address farmer interest, and together with the Impact Team and Program Design Lead set the seasonal impact training calendar.
- The associate will be responsible for researching and writing all agricultural trainings, soliciting Impact Team, Field Team and client feedback in their creation. The associate will lead field team and client field tests and focus groups to iterate and improve the quality of client trainings. The associate serves as the in-house expert on Field Officer and client training best practices. S/he is able to articulate the Field Operations guidelines and approach to training to other teams. S/he will develop guidelines and train supporting teams in training expectations and best practices. This includes facilitating an ongoing Training of Writers workshop.
- The associate will coordinate with multiple teams to survey the results from priority client trainings and to measure behavior change and training success. They will evaluate survey results to make recommendations for future changes to training curriculum, content and execution. This will involve report writing, meetings across departments and presentations. Good communication skills are essential.
Materials and Execution Associate
- The Materials and Execution Associate will guide the creation and execution of our core field materials and tools for our 1,000+-member Field Operations Team. S/he will also collects field feedback to inform best practices, with the goal of continually improving our materials.
- The associate will work with others on the Field Operations team, as well as outside stakeholders, to execute our daily, weekly and monthly field materials. S/he will have frequent contact with other teams within the organization to coordinate field actions to meet our key goals. This will involve representing Field Operations to Impact, Systems and other stakeholders.
- The associate will also conduct regular field visits and focus groups to gather feedback on materials, both during the design phase and after they have been live in the field. These findings will inform materials best practices and potential improvements to our existing field materials portfolio, with a focus on non-training materials.
- There are a number of opportunities for special projects, including the redesign of our FO Meeting, FM Meeting, or FD Meetings. These meetings are essential for communicating critical instructions to our growing field team.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experience. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid government service accomplishments.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include final grade/marks/GPA).
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural Rwanda for at least two years – this a long term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: English required. Kinyarwanda strongly desired.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, travel stipend, housing.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans highly encouraged to apply