Job at OXFAM : Head of Programs (Deadline: 14th June 2018)
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
One person in three in the world lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilizing the power of people against poverty. Around the world, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them. In all we do, Oxfam works with partner organizations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end the injustices that cause poverty.
Oxfam works in the Horn, East & Central Africa Region (HECA) and Rwanda is one of the countries in this region. We work with local stakeholders to find lasting solutions to the root causes which keep people in poverty. Our work includes prevention and response to humanitarian crises; enabling women to claim their social, economic and political rights; and supporting the improved resilience of those with vulnerable livelihoods to climate change and other risks.
Oxfam Rwanda programme developed its Country Strategy 2015 – 2020. Oxfam in Rwanda has identified interventions which align with its mission – to ensure that poor women, men, and youth enjoy equal rights and benefit from fair and inclusive development-. Based on a comprehensive analysis of the Rwandan context, Oxfam delivers a combination of programme interventions and advocacy and influencing activities to drive outcomes. Oxfam intervenes in three main sectors in Rwanda namely: Participatory Governance, Sustainable Livelihoods, and Gender Justice.
In support of these programme, we are seeking to hire qualified and experienced Rwandese national to fill up the following position:
Head of Programs (Contract Type: Fixed Term – 1 year (Renewable)
Duration: 1 year (Renewable)
Reporting Lines: Country Director.
Staff reporting to this position: Thematic Managers, MEAL Coordinator, Funding and Communication Coordinator, SC&RHR Technical Advisor and Assistant Program Coordinators.
Overall Job Purpose: The Head of Programme will lead in programme design, development and implementation and take responsibility for ensuring the program meets minimum standards for programming. Responsible for growing the programme portfolio the Head of Programme will build strategic relationships with a variety of donors including mobilizing private sector resources and other institutional donors.
- Under the leadership of the CD, leads programme strategy development, providing overall strategic and technical leadership in the design, development, planning budgeting, and implementation of the OCS.
- Ensure coordination and linkage between OCS outcomes and programme components (thematic areas and country outcomes).
- Lead programme annual budget process, leading on the programme budget process and providing ongoing oversight of program budgets.
- Ensures the delivery of a country programme with demonstrable impact and is accountable for overall programme delivery, quality, and learning.
- Oversees the development of programme and project improvement plans, to ensure effective and timely implementation of the projects and program.
- Provide leadership in developing and/or managing all disaster preparedness plans, activities and responses to humanitarian emergencies for Oxfam in Rwanda.
- Leads the design and implementation of resource mobilisation strategies intended to strengthen income and partnerships to deliver the country strategy.
- Working closely with the Program Funding & Communications Coordinator, actively builds relationships with the donor community to promote the work of the OR program, sharing learning emerging from implementation, exploring opportunities for collaboration and or funding.
- Ensures compliance with donor contract requirements and Oxfam internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Working with the MEAL Coordinator ensures that adequate program quality (monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability) systems are developed, implemented and minimum standards adhered to.
- Leads on programme reporting, supporting individual Thematic Managers in the development of consistent, high quality reports.
- Ensure Program Team/Partners are adequately equipped to prepare and respond to humanitarian and that effective liaison is done with stakeholders.
- Coordinate the existing portfolio of enterprises in the country; making direct visits and working with other staff, local partners and the enterprises themselves in planning, implementing and tracking progress against plans and milestones; potentially representing Oxfam on Enterprise governance as member or observer.
- Work with other EDP country and global teams to facilitate the identification, analysis and presentation of new enterprises to EDP’s Investment Committee, based in the UK, with an initial aim to review a minimum of 35 and support 10 to 15 enterprises over 5 years.
- Facilitate the development of strategic Influencing Covering Policy, Campaign & Advocacy framework.
- Coach, support and line-manage Technical Co-ordinators, Thematic Managers, Assistant Programme Coordinator and consultants in the management of all projects, in accordance with the relevant procedures and to achieve anticipated outputs and outcomes.
- Manages the Programme Team to deliver on the OCS, providing leadership and guidance and ensuring that the management of the team is in line with Oxfam’s Human Resource policies and procedures.
- In liaison with MEAL Coordinator and programme team, coordinate the implementation of an effective monitoring and evaluation process so that a constant assessment of programme effectiveness can be undertaken and adjustments made as necessary
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please use this link to apply: https://bit.ly/2H2rUF4.
The closing date for application is Thursday, 14th June 2018 at 5 PM Kigali time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oxfam in Rwanda is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality.