JOB AT Pact : Data collection Assistant : ( Deadline : 25 January 2019)
Pact is a non-profit international development organization with a purpose to enable poor and marginalized people in the developing world to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact is collaborating with ITA, a tin industry membership organization, mineral traders and exporters, and Governments in the Great Lakes region to implement a chain of custody and due diligence scheme called the ITA Tin Supply Chain Initiative (ITSCi). iTSCi allows buyers along the supply chain to determine the source of the raw minerals being produced and traded in the DRC and adjoining countries. We are now looking to scale up this solution throughout the Great Lakes Region.
A) Number of Data collection assistant:1
Under the supervision of the Database Officer for iTSCi Rwanda, the Data collection Assistant will be carry out the following tasks:
– To be available for training on PDA and the use of logbooks
– Assure the data collection is well done by the RMB Mineral Field Officers and the transfer in Chain Point is perfect.
– Inform as soon as possible his/her supervisor if any technical problems are faced in the utilisation of the PDA by the RMB Mineral Field Officers.
– Check if the data entered by the RMB Mineral Field Officers are accurate. If not, correct the errors.
– Monitor the transmitted data in Chain Point, correct errors and visit the agents for re-training where required.
– Provide general feedback and recommendation regarding the utilisation of the PDA and possible amelioration of its performance.
– Communication with the UK data team in relation to PDAs and other data related problems.
– Focal point for trainings and deployment of the electronic data collection project in other iTSCi area program (DRC, Burundi).
– Other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in IT or Electronic.
• At least 3 years of experience in IT, statistics or data collection and management
• The knowledge of English, Kinyarwanda and French
• Training and facilitation skills are an advantage
• Good written and oral communications skills
• Ability to work on pressure and tight deadlines
• Fluency in both French and English
Duration of the contract: Starting as soon as possible with an essay period of three (3) months and ending 31st December 2019 with possibility of renewal.
Place: Kigali/Rwanda How to apply: all applications with a motivation letter and CV shall be sent through the following email address: [email protected] not later than January 25, 2019 mentioning the title of the job as a subject to email.