Job at Partners in Health : Monitoring and Evaluation Data Officer (Deadline: 06 April 2018)
Monitoring and Evaluation Data Officer
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Data Officer
Reports to: M&E Coordinator
Location: Based in Rwinkwavu and Butaro
M&E supports organizational knowledge management by identifying programmatic priorities, collecting and analyzing indicators that monitor these priorities, and reviewing the metrics needed to inform the improvement, development and expansion of programmatic activities. The team also works to ensure the availability of quality strategic information with the aim of data sharing with our government partners, data use for collaborative decision-making, as well as donor reporting and external communications. The program helps the organization in strategic planning, collecting routine data for new initiatives, and generating analysis aimed at improving the services that are provided by IMB programs.
The Data Officer is responsible for supporting IMB Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities taking place in their assigned district or area. The Data Officer reports to the M&E Coordinator, under close supervision of the Manager of M&E program.
- Conduct data collection activities including health facility surveys, data quality assessments, auditing of health facility records and registers, and other data collection activities as directed;
- Extract data from health center and hospital documents as directed;
- In a timely fashion, enter data for projects and programs as requested by the M&E coordinator;
- Respond to questions regarding data quality and modify data as directed;
- Provide feedback on questionnaires, surveys, and other data collection instruments;
- Participate in M&E and research trainings;
- Provide M&E supports needed to priority IMB and MOH programs as determined by department goals;
- Ensure that all forms submitted to department are stored according to department protocol;
- Maintain confidentiality of collected and entered data according to department protocol;
- Support MOH M&E activities as directed by PIH M&E leadership, including, but not limited to, data quality assessment, performance based financing evaluation, supporting HMIS reporting systems, improving data quality;
- Provide feedback to PIH and MOH M&E leadership on possible data errors or challenges in M&E implementation observed;
- Perform additional administrative duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer literacy, Public health, Social sciences and any other related fields
- Experienced in health data collection and data entry (Ability to enter at least 15 forms/ hour)
- At least 1 year of experience in data collections and data entries domain
- Flexible, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong written and spoken Kinyarwanda, and ability to communicate in one of the international languages