Job at Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences in Butare: Administrative Assistant to the vice Chancellor (Deadline: 03 August 2017)
RECRUITMENT OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE VICE CHANCELLOR
I. Vacancy Information
PIASS — Protestant Institute of Arts and Social Sciences in Butare – is announcing that the post of Administrative Assistant to the Vice Chancellor is vacant.
II. Profile and Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference
The Administrative Assistant will have the following tasks to perform:
•Manage Mailing, paper and electronic in and out,
-securing proper registration, circulation, follow up, filing
-keeping printed track of significant electronic mailing
•Manage the Vice Chancellor’s time schedule and Meetings
-Manage Time schedule of VC on Outlook
-Call on Members, through e-mail and SMS, calls and send Agendas
-Follow up attendance and send any needed reminders
-Edit agendas and Post Proceedings once approved on PIASS Server
-Follow up implementation of jobs and Send reminders
•Organize Registration of Documents and of Contacts, Listing, Groups, Task Forces
-Update and Cleaning of Documents and Mails
-Update of Listings, Group Members; Task Force Members
• Edit documents and Care before final printing (yearly Action Plan, leaflets …)
• Draft simple Letters or Documents, including PPT presentation, on the basis of main purpose or key elements of information
• Take Proceedings of Meetings for submission to Chairperson
• Provide information for website update
• Manage the organizational logistics of meetings
• Manage the weekly Staff hands on Training
-Collecting suggestions of topics, reporting on achievements and problems
-Identifying know how among staff so that skills can be transferred to others
-Delivering or delegating training
• Implement other duties, under VC’s, DVC’s request, in particular with respect to concepts,strategies, speeches, collection of academic information…
S/he will report to the Vice Chancellor, alternatively to Deputy Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs and submit a weekly working programme. So far the staff training is concerned; information is passed to the Director in charge of Human Resources.
• Being a holder of at least Bachelor of Arts or Sciences
• Fluency in English, French and Kinyarwanda both verbal and writing
• Strong organizational skills and planning capabilities
• Solid experience in Data management
• High Writing and Typing Command. Fluency in Word, Outlook and Power Point.
• High level of Responsibility, Sense of Initiative.
• Good communication capacity and ability to work in Teams Strong potential in multi-tasking and working under minimum supervision
• Three years experience in the same position would be an added value
III. Documents to submit:
• Application letter addressed to the Vice Chancellor
• Curriculum Vitae with three references
• Copy of certified degree and the academic transcripts of the two last years
• A PIASS Member Church recommendation
Candidates are invited to apply for this job by August 3rd, 2017, at 5PM latest.
Applications have to be brought in the Office of the Vice Chancellor from 08:30 am to 5pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed and communicated about the date of a written exam and interview