Job at RAB : Small Stock Officer in charge Aquaculture& Fisheries/WAZD (Contractual) (Deadline: 17 November 2017)
– Plan, organize, coordinate and implement small stock or fisheries program activities
– Coordinate disease, feeds and feeding educational activities in the form of FFS, CMCs, meetings, vet guards monitoring, CAHWs, demonstration and farmers training sessions
– Supervise and monitor the work of district /sector livestock officers, providing guidance, motivation and evaluation of performance
– Responding timely to reports of emerging animal related problems e.g. diseases at farmer and community levels, control and prevent of common diseases pathogens and vectors
– Keep abreast of current recommendations and findings related to livestock production with emphasis , fisheries by maintaining continuous contact with animal resources researchers
– Make regular and systematic visits to districts/sectors to exchange and solve the animal health problems for early warning
– Provide feedback to the research system about animal production problems which need urgent solutions
– Train animal health and nutrition extension agents on the latest technologies on diagnostic and control of diseases and help them solve animal production field problems detected
– Perform other duties assigned by other competent authorities.
A0 or A1 in Animal sciences, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary sciences with 1 year of working experience in a related field.
Knowledge of Rwanda Livestock sector; Extensive knowledge of Livestock Production;
Computer skills; Excellent communication skills, Interpersonal and writing skills, Computer Skills; Organizational Skills; Judgment & Decision Making Skills; Complex Problem Solving skills; Time management Skills; High analytical Skills; Team working Skills; Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.