Job at REG-EUCL: Legal Specialist (Deadline: 23 November 2018)
The Energy Sector in Rwanda is undergoing a process of reform and a comprehensive program of renewal and expansion of electricity infrastructure is underway to ensure growth of the network to meet current and future supply requirements with a high level of reliability. The Energy Utility Corporation Limited (EUCL) is a Subsidiary of the Rwanda Energy Group (REG) one of the Successor entities from the former EWSA. EUCL took over EWSA utility operations including the associated generation plants, transmission and distribution network and all adjoining facilities thereto.
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Draft and review vendor contracts and requests for proposals and confidentiality agreements for the company to ensure they are consistent and in compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational risk policies.
- Advise management and departments on appropriate legal procedures and corrective action regarding any legal related matter
- Identify contractual and operational compliance requirements for target customer segments.
Required Education Background & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (A0) in law or a partial professional qualification in law and;
- At least 3 years of experience in a legal related role
Technical Diploma in law with 10 years’ experience in a legal related role