Job at RISA : 2 Positions for Senior Systems Administrator (Deadline: 28 March 2018)
• Design and provide guidance on system structures and ensure that the design of system allows all components to work properly together.
• Maintain system efficiency.
• Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
• Make recommendations for future upgrades.
• Maintain network and system security.
• Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
• Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
• Ensure network connectivity throughout all the institutions LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
• Design and deploy networks and systems.
• Perform network address assignment.
• Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
• Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
• Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
• Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
• Administer servers, routers, switches, firewalls,
A0 in Computer Science, Information Management, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with a minimum of 3 years working experience in System Administration is required , Certifications in A++, N++, CCNA CCNP are added advantage Or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required :
– Good analytical skills and problem solving techniques
– Proficient in Internet technologies and infrastructure (TCP/IP), WAN, LAN, MPLS, fixed and mobile telecommunications networks, data centers infrastructure, cloud computing & virtualization, IPV6, VPN, Network Security
– Proven experice of successfuly conducting a research project in a relevant field
– Demonstrated ability to convert high
– level customer needs into a technical development strategy
– Good command of oral language skills and writing ability in all stages of the implementation or research topics
– Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with others under pressure and solve problems