Job at RISA : Big Data &Analytics Development Specialist (Deadline: 01 November 2018)
– Conduct reasearch and development in the Big Data & Analytics field to develop concepts, strategies, prototypes, products and solutions
– Understand market expectations, competition and positioning to guide the R&D process
– Establish research project goals and priorities
– Advise and recommend straregies for the successful adoption of Big Data & Analytics
– Develop concepts, products, prototypes and solutions by working with relevant stakeholders in the academia, industry and startup Ecosystem.
– Ensure knowledge transfer of new technologies, products and services into and out of company.
– Research, design and evaluate systems, processes and equipment in the relevant field
– Suggest training tools to enhance capacity building and skill development.
– Monitor research metrics and objectives to ensure meeting of goals.
– Document all phases of research and development.
Investigate any new developments or innovation in Big Data & Analytics field.
– Liase with different stakeholders and players in the Big Data & Analytics field both within and outside Rwanda
A0 in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with 3 years working experience or Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering . Previous working experience and industry certifications in Big Data and Analytics technologies is considered an added advantage or Masters’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required :
– Good analytical skills and problem solving techniques
– Proficient in computer networks and Internet technologies
– Proficient in hardware, software systems, computer programming of major programming/scripting languages like Java, Linux, PHP, Ruby, Phyton and/or R
– Proven experice of successfuly conducting a research project in a relevant field
– Demonstrated ability to convert high
– level customer needs into a technical development strategy
– Understanding of distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge on NoSQL platforms Big Data querying tools, integration of data from multiple data sources
– Good command of oral language skills and writing ability in all stages of the implementation or research topics
– Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with others under pressure and solve problems