Job at RISA : Procurement Specialist (Deadline: 28 March 2018)
• Interfaces with Planning unit to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
• Reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items, and supervises procurement process and tenders.
• Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
• Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
• Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
• Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
• Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports non conformances.
• Leads finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
• Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
• Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
A0 in Procurement, Management, Accounting, Law, Public Finance, Economics with 3 years of working experience or Master's degree in Procurement, Management, Accounting, Law, Public Finance, Economics
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
- High Analytical Skills;
business and purchasing practices;
- Execellent Communication Skills;
- Knowledge of state contracting laws, regulations and procedures;
- Knowledge of grades, qualities, supply and price trends of commodities;
- Time Management Skills;
- Decesion making Skills;
- Computer Skills;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all
is an advantage .