Job at RISA: Senior Storage & Cloud Engineer (Deadline: 28 March 2018)
• Supports continuous operation of servers running worldwide WAN/LAN network.
• Skills include monitoring server activity, daily/weekly backups and virus scans
• Serve as technical source for storage & backup related projects, technical escalations and capacity planning/management aspects:
– build networks and information storage systems for high
– capacity users, which may involve constructing systems that can handle hundreds or thousands of users working simultaneously.
must understand the needs of businesses within government and have strong understanding of different storage technologies
Ensure protection of information, maintaining storage backups off
– site and providing continuous technical support to all government agencies
– Design, deploy and manage infrastructures for compute and storage systems including private/public Clouds
– Measure application and system performance, and implementing monitoring/alerts
– Develop tools and automation to reduce cycle time and increase accuracy
– Ensure comprehensive data protection per established requirements
A0 in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with 3 years of working experience or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required :
– Configuring, debugging, and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
– Performing high
– level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery, as well as creating and documenting preventive measures
- Working as a strong team contributor, and providing technical expertise.
- Staying abreast of emerging trends in information technology and helping shape the work for the Government.
- Working with the Government to understand their requirements and evaluate possible technical solutions.
- Must have good communication skills, shows tact, effective listening skills, follow through and anticipates questions while being prepared with answers or follow
- The ability to work independently with little to no supervision researching new technologies or comparing technologies to meet the customers need while providing an unbiased opinion.
- Candidate must be a team player and be able to follow processes and procedures.
- disciplined, self
- starter, professional who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight.
- Implementing and optimizing storage and backup infrastructure
- Managing enterprise HCI, SAN, NAS and backup environments
- Understanding of storage solutions from EMC, NetApp, HDS, IBM and other storage solutions
- Experience managing team projects and mentoring
- Certified Storage Engineer (SCSE).