Job at Ruhango District: Director of Public Health (Deadline: 03 November 2017)
– Coordinate the identification of the District’s health needs and priorities to facilitate an integrated planning, budgeting, resources mobilization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation reporting related to health at the Unit, Sector and health facilities levels, and instill the practice of knowledge management;
– Coordinate a multi-stakeholders’ elaboration of actionable strategies or plans meant to localize national policies and the District Council’s decisions pertaining to health and oversee their implementation;
– Coordinate the dissemination and monitor the implementation of national guidelines, protocols by health facilities and coordinate campaigns meant to raise local population’s awareness on community health including the benefits of community health insurance schemes;
– Maintain an updated consolidated database of health initiatives/interventions implemented within the District and work hand in hand with the Human Resource Unit in the elaboration of capacity building initiatives meant to address capacity gaps in the health sector at the District level;
– Serve as a member of the District Technical Coordination Committee and advise the institution on matters pertaining to health.
A0 in Public Health, Health Sciences, Clinical Psychology, Social Work with 3 years of working experience; Or Master’s Degree in Community Health, Public Health, Health Sciences, Clinical Psychology, Social Work with 1 year of working experience
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
-Extensive knowledge and skills in Disability Mainstreaming
-Good knowledge of government policy-making processes;
-Analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
-High analytical Skills;
-Complex Problem Solving;
-Time management Skills;
-Team working Skills;
-Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage