Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER : Bio statistician Senior Officer ( Deadline :15 November 2018 )
1. In collaboration with Epidemic Surveillance and Response Division programs, develop research topics and research schedule.
2. Provide technical support to Epidemic Surveillance and Response Division programs in development of research proposals specifically in development of literature review , study aim and objectives , study design , sampling , data collection and analyses plan including the definition of derived data sets , and the design of statistical tables, figures, and data listings for summary reports.
3. Assist in reviewing and submitting research protocols for ethical clearance
4. Participate in all activities related to research field works by supervising data collection monitor and ensure quality of data collected from field.
5. Write programs to analyze researches data and routine programs data
6. Analyze researches data and routine programs data
7. Contribute to develop and disseminate researches reports, abstracts and share lessons learned
8. Ensure and monitor use of research findings
9. Perform additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics
– Option Statistics with two years of work experience in data analysis in Health field. Experience in using statistics software including but not limited to STATA and R software. Fluent in both French and English.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge on statistics software including STATA and R software
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of Rwandan Health system;
– Planning & Organizational Skills;
– Research Skills & Writing Skills;
– Creative, proactive, customer focused, solutions led and outcome driven Skills;
– Interpersonal Skills
– Effective communication skills;
– Time Management Skills;
– Computer Skills;
– Complex Problem solving Skills;
– Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage