Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER : Corporate Services Program Manager( Deadline:15 November 2018 )
Under supervision of the RBC/SPIU Coordinator, the Corporate Services Program Manager ensures overall coordination of financial, administrative and procurement operational aspects of the RBC/SPIU.
– To supervise, control and coordinate activities related to Administration and HR;
– To supervise, control and coordinate Procurement activities for planning tenders that are likely to be awarded during the budgetary year, on annual basis, and in accordance with the annual budget of every project;
– To ensure the coordination between projects and different partners involved in areas covered by different components;
– To put in place the supervision tools that can facilitate a quick and effective fiduciary evaluation component of sub
– To put in place policies in the area of training and refresher courses of the personnel;
– To coordinate and facilitate short
– term consultants;
– Manage various conventions governing the cooperation framework between the RBC and various partners;
– Coordinate annual performance evaluation of RBC/SPIU staff and ensure timely payment of Pay As You Earn Tax ( PAYE) per each staff;
– Coordinate management contract of services and supplies that are given to RBC/SPIU;
– To ensure the application of the Procedures Manual.
– To supervise, control and coordinate staff working on activities related to Finances of donor projects under RBC/SPIU management;
– Formulate and submit to Coordinator requests to donors for funds disbursement
– Verify and finalize budget reallocation proposals of Bilateral and Multilateral projects before its submission to appropriated forum/decision makers by the SPIU Coordinator for approval;
– Verification and approval of financial statements;
– Facilitate different assessments, external and internal audits and implement its financial recommendations;
– To contribute actively to the preparation of annual action plans and annual budget of the PR and to monitor their implementation;
– To propose policies and the guidance for financial decisions;
– To ensure the optimal utilization of the Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) functions for appropriate technical, administration and financial monitoring enabling timely identification and resolution of problems;
– To compile and summarize quarterly reports on financial progress of the RBC/SPIU portfolio prepared by the finance and administration team in RBC/SPIU Corporate Services Program;
– To produce quarterly progress reports on the performance of the RBC/SPIU and sub
– To coordinate technical assistance to SRs for preparing periodical financial statement;
– To ensure that the management of project funds, human resources, and RBC/SPIU fixed assets is performed in accordance with legal provisions related to the management of public funds and property, as well as HSDP procedures and requirements.
– Ensure the availability of annual procurement plans for all multilateral and bilateral projects under RBC/SPIU, basing on funded actions plans;
– Liaise with the Procurement Coordination Specialist to ensure that all tenders are published and processed on time ;
– Liaise with the Procurement Coordination Specialist to ensure the proper management of contracts;
– Take necessary measures to ensure that goods and services are delivered and stored safely in accordance with provisions of tenders;
– Ensure availability of all required quarterly, monthly, semester or annual RBC/SPIU procurement related reports.
– Coordinate all budgeting process;
– Coordinate and review all budget execution reports: quarterly, semester and annual of all grants;
– Coordinate and ensure control of budgets and action plans at the level of both the RBC/SPIU and SRs;
– Coordinate the assessment of budget execution, prepare budget reallocation proposals in collaboration with RBC/SPIU Operation Program Manager and verify the implementation of previous decisions addressing any budget issue;
– Coordinate the preparation of quarterly, semester and annual budget reports;
– Supervise and evaluate the budget tam and stand
– alone accountant doing budget execution review of their (Medium size) Grant;
– Supervise the entering of all budgets in the accounting software to monitor its implementation.
– Being of Rwandan nationality;
– Hold a Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, holding an ACCA, CPA shall constitute an advantage; or Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance and holding an ACCA, CPA is an added advantage.
– Possess relevant professional experience of at least 5 years for Bachelors degree holders and 3 years for Masters degree holders in the domain of Administration and Finance, management, budgeting and budgetary control, for the same position or equivalent within either a public organization, a government project or a highly recognized private organization;
– Having a relevant working experience of at least 5 years with development projects and programs;
– Knowledge of management processes in the public sector (budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, treasury management, public contracts, internal control and audit);
– Proven knowledge of the GoR financial management system (IFMIS) is a requirement, knowledge in other financial software (TOMPRO or Sage) shall constitute an advantage;
– Knowledge of procurement and staff management softwares (E
– procurement and IPPIS) shall constitute an advantage;
– Have strong oral and written communication skills in Kinyarwanda, English and French;
– Computer literate with proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and search engines;