Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER : Director Avian Flu & Other Highly Pathogenic Diseases Unit (Deadline :15 November 2018 )
• Responsible for the coordination, and oversees the implementation of Influenza and other highly pathogenic diseases surveillance/outbreak response, prevention and control in the country.
• Under this mandate, he is responsible for:
• Supervising sentinel sites to ensure appropriate implementation of surveillance activities and adherence to the protocols, including provision of Feedback.
• Identifying needs and priorities for the influenza program
• Conduct scientific studies and disseminating results and overseeing Influenza Publications Coordinating and ensuring participation in National, Regional and International meetings, conferences and for a on Avian Influenza and Pandemic Influenza prevention, control and Treatment.
• Planning, organizing and implementing intervention Activities in case of Outbreaks of Influenza and other highly pathogenic diseases.
• Managing (developing and updating) Influenza documentation and other highly pathogenic diseases including reports
• Establish and sustain epidemiological and virological surveillance networks for influenza and other highly pathogenic diseases in Rwanda
• Contribute to data collection, analysis to provide evidence based on disease burden to guide prevention and control measures
• Delivers comprehensive evaluation of direct reports complete with development plans followed up by active coaching; ensures that staff under him/her are evaluated and developed
Master degree in Epidemiology or Master degree in Public Health or Master degree of Field Epidemiology Training Program with 1 year experience in diseases surveillance or Bachelor’s degree in public health /epidemiology with 3 years’ experience in diseases surveillance .
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
– Knowledge of public health communicable disease prevention
– Broader understanding of global health, global health security concept and response
– Demonstrated in
– depth technical knowledge of avian influenza emergency preparedness matters
– Extent of experience in control and prevention of animal diseases in the region of assignment.
– Good understanding of avian viral diseases highly pathogenic diseases and knowledge of the current situation and stakes related to avian influenza and poultry section
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with donors, implementing partners and
– Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
– Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan Health system;
– Planning & Organizational Skills;
– Research Skills & Writing Skills;
– Creative, proactive, customer focused, solutions led and outcome driven Skills;