Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER: Director of NTDs Unit (Deadline:26 February 2018)
– • Prevention, Control and elimination of neglected tropical diseases (NTD) and Other parasitic diseases (OPD) in Rwanda.
o Preparation, review, and adjustment of NTD operational plans
o Lead and coordinate implementation of technical activities for prevention, control and elimination of neglected tropical diseases (NTD) and Other parasitic diseases (OPD) in Rwanda;
o Coordinate the implementation of elimination strategies, monitor and evaluate the progress of elimination of Soil Transmitted Helminthiasis, Lymphatic filariasis, Schistosomiasis and other NTDs in endemic areas;
o Lead the organization and implementation of Mass Drug Administration (MDA/Deworming) in the country
• Monitor and evaluate the progress of control and elimination of neglected tropical diseases (NTD) and Other parasitic diseases (OPD) in Rwanda.
o Monitoring and Evaluation of activities through participation in establishing and maintaining NTD project, design of surveys, and providing specific guidance;
o Promote NTD research and ensure NTD interventions are evidence based;
o Facilitate communication, promotion and coordination between the technical teams and other partners;
o Publish articles on NTD case management best practice in national and international newspapers.
• Ensure the sustainability of impact.
o Strengthen the country capacity and effective inter
– country collaboration on surveillance and response for neglected tropical diseases and other parasitic diseases.
o Ensure the integration of NTD activities with other programs at all health systems levels in Rwanda;
o Strengthen capacity building of NTD and OPD Unit staff and other health professionals involved in NTD and OPD countrywide
• Ensure availability of medicines for NTDs and Other parasitic diseases
o By collaboration with other health institutions and partners ensure the availability of medicines for NTD and Other parasitic diseases and consumables.
o Lead the quantification and procurement of medicines for NTD and Other parasitic diseases and other consumables.
Bachelor degree in General Medicine with a master degree in epidemiology field; work experience of not less than 3 years in vector borne diseases program management.