Job at RWANDA BIO-MEDICAL CENTER:Biomedical and Infrastructure Operational Officer(Deadline 22/January/2018)
– up and communicate the preventive and corrective maintenance of health sector equipment and infrastructure
• Identify the ways to optimize the asset inventory procedures for the health facilities
• Evaluate the productivity, efficiency, and other specific work quality performance indices of HF biomedical technicians and engineers
• Perform HF biomedical technicians and engineers performance evaluations and propose the decisions regarding merit increases or promotions.
• Ensure all resources are available to HF biomedical technicians and engineers as needed to allow them to perform maintenance and repair of medical equipment and systems as assigned.
– up and implementation of information systems solution for heath technology and infrastructure
• Develops information systems solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
• Identify national health technology and infrastructure trends utilizing real data, compile analysis reports and then follow
– up on all results.
– up of the implementation of action plan and budget execution
• Monitoring and ensuring the quality of activities realized by outsourced maintenance contractors.
• Reviewing and advise on supply chain issues for hospital equipment and infrastructure
• Implement a comprehensive management plan regarding health technology & infrastructure
• Ensuring the training to the HF biomedical technicians and engineers
• Verify process exists to ensure appropriate response to all requests regarding maintenance of equipment and facilities
• Produce, review, and make assessments of various reports related to work completion, unfinished work, preventive maintenance completion rates, and repeat equipment failures.
• Recommend equipment renovation, refurbishment, replacement, or re
– deployment based on equipment age, failure rate, cost of service, and overall ability to support the clinical use for which it is intended.
• Evaluate the quality control activities of HF equipment
• Creates alignment and integration of all MTI units in working towards common goals
• Prepares and provides compelling presentations at the senior management levels that support decisions making
• Engages with staff in Division and beyond in “on the job” capacity building to grow their capacity with respect to Planning and the use of financial information in decision making
• Working under pressure with minimum supervision
• Performing the given tasks to the highest possible standards within the time frame
• Contribute to all other activities of the RBC/ MTI, according to the needs
• Handle any other task given by the supervisor.
• Hold at least a Bachelor Degree in Biomedical Engineering / or computer science
• Knowledge of the health sector in Rwanda and its structures
• Have international certification in Java programming and business analysis skills are advantages
• Having a strong system analysis skills
• Having a working experience in the hospitals is an advantage
• Excellent strategic and operational planning and monitoring skills to assist in effective and efficient management decision is an advantage
• Teamwork and teambuilding towards achieving common goals
• Punctual and a reliable person
• High communicative and conduct skills
• Organizational/managerial skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Good report and quality writing skills