Job at Rwanda Cross Society : Emergency Medical Technician (Deadline: 30 July 2018)
Rwanda Red Cross Society is a humanitarian organization exercising its activities in all areas of the Republic of Rwanda.
To pursue its mandates, the Rwanda Red Cross is committed to improve first aid services to assist victims of diseases, injuries and disasters. In this respect the RRCS is aiming to establish an Emergency Medical Service (EMS) in order to strengthen the health service in Rwanda. In this context Rwanda Red Cross is recruiting Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs)
Position: Emergency Medical Technician
Place of work: District Hospitals out of Kigali
Time frame: 1- year renewable upon positive performance
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
EMT TECHNICAL DUTIES
- Follow the required and theoretical and practical training, internship and pass the mandatory examination prior to being deployed as an EMT in the field.
- Participate in 24/7 service requiring night shifts on a regular basis.
- Respond adequately to the calls from dispatching following the existing protocol.
- Administer timely and qualitative pre-hospital treatment at the scene and en route to the hospital.
- Being able to perform adequately under pressure and remain professional physically and in psychosocial demanding situation.
- Document all services provided to the patients followed by a report at the end of each shifts.
- Being discrete and maintaining strict confidentiality with regard to patients medical records and treatment.
- Manage medical patients including assisting in Emergency childbirth.
- Comply with the regulation on handling of crime scene and pre-hospital death by notifying appropriate authorities and arrange for protection of property and evidence.
- Upon requested provide assistance to the receiving facility staff.
- After completion of the call restock and replace care supplies, clean all equipment following appropriate decontamination and cleaning procedures, make careful examination of all equipment to ensure availability of the ambulance for the next call.
High school graduate or equivalent /A2 in the following combinations: MCB, PCB, BCG, Nursing, Mathematic-Physics, Biology-Chemistry
Aged between 18-35
Additional Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Computer literacy: Knowledge of using: Ms. Word, Excel, and internet skills
- Excellent English interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal;
- Self-motivated to respond to the needs of vulnerable people;
- Completed first aid training is an asset
- Knowledge of French language is an asset
- Hold a driving license category B is an added asset
- Being a RRC Volunteer is an added asset
All the Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications to the Rwanda Red Cross HQ, located at Kacyiru (Gasabo), opposite UTEXRWA not later than 30/07/2018 at 12H00.
Applications must include the following documents:
- A dated and signed application letter addressed to the Secretary General of Rwanda Red Cross
- A Copy of Certified High school degree
- Updated curriculum vitae including three persons of reference
- Copy of National identity card
To become a certified EMT;
Selected candidates will be given a six months EMT training before going onto duty.
– Allowance fee will be provided during training
– The submitted documents will not be given back to the applicant after the closure of selection
– Only shortlisted candidates will be called for written examination
– Female candidate are encouraged to apply