Job at Rwanda Development Board: Advisor to HoD of IP (Deadline: 20 Sep 2017)
- Master Degree or Equivalent in Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Marketing, with minimum of 2 years working experience or Bachelor degree in the above with a minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Good Understanding of the Rwandan Investment climate and same status in the region; Analytical, problem-solving, leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Flexible with ability to work well with both internal and external clients. Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate well with various audiences, including staff, management and external clients. Self-starter with leadership skills in order to take charge in facilitating the office needs Sound computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner and effective oral communication skills Proficiency in both written and spoken English language and Kinyarwanda.
- Knowledge of French and any other language will be an added advantage.
- Proactively provide strategic advice to the Head of Department; Support HoD to manage strategic partnerships; Coordinate information flows, planning, work allocation and reporting in the HoD’s Office across different partners, departments, divisions and other Offices;
- Monitor progress and ensure timely delivery on projects and tasks of the HoD’s office across different partnerships, departments, divisions and other offices;
- Ensure tasks of the HoD’s office are well carried out and lead on delivering certain projects and tasks as may be required; Represent the HoD at meetings and respond to correspondence as may be assigned/on behalf of the HoD;
- Review and quality control of briefings and reports going to HoD;
- Initiate, design and implement new systems and processes in the HoD’s office Liaise with the RDB’s administration and external stakeholders to collect and analyse/classify information to report to HoD. Communicate to the 3 divisions under Tourism Department HoD’s decisions and monitor their implementation within the team and to other partners.
- Works closely with the HoD in support of issues that require specific follow-up and handles special tasks as assigned.