JOB AT RWANDA EDUCATION BOARD ( REB ) : Guidance and Counseling Information & Research Officer : ( Deadline : 22 February 2019)
– Accountable to the Director of Career Guidance & Counseling Unit;
– Ensure follow up of Guidance and Counseling activities in schools;
– Organize teacher trainings in the field of Guidance and Counseling;
– Conduct research and monitoring of career guidance and counseling and analyse data to provide improvements;
– Develop and ensure validity of career guidance tools;
– Keep abreast of the latest development and best practices in career guidance and counseling field and facilitate their integration in the country’s career guidance and counseling program;
– To work in collaboration with National Examination Counsel on decision taking concerning students’ orientation in schools.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Career Guidance and Counseling, Educational Research.
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
– General knowledge on Rwanda education system and policies;
– Knowledge on Counseling;
– Report writing and presentation skills;
– Computer literacy;
– Collaboration and team working skills;
– Strong communication skills;Time management skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English or French; knowledge of all these three (3) languages is an advantage.